Caregiving / home care help by an RN in Rochelle, Dixon, DeKalb, northern Illinois!
This is a great question. I can fill in the gap/needs often left unmet by other home healthcare services. For example, Medicare only allows a certain number of skilled nursing visits per week, but you'd like to be seen more often in your home. Perhaps you or your loved one has just been discharged home from a hospital or nursing home, and you need instructional, hands-on help with managing the care needed. Maybe your elderly parent isn't feeling well today, and you'd like him/her checked by a nurse. Perhaps your regular caregiver has called in sick, and you need a fill-in.
These are just a few examples. Please click on my "SERVICES" tab for more detailed information about how I can help.
AtHome Helfpul RN is your neighbor in the Rochelle Illinois area. I can easily travel to Dekalb, Dixon, and any place in between (Ogle, Lee, DeKalb counties). Not in this vicinity? Drop me a line on my contact form on this website to find out if I can travel to you and how I might make a visit happen for you!
Every web page has a messaging balloon in the lower right corner that you may click on to leave a quick message. You can also go to our Contact Me page, and submit the convenient online form. Additionally, I have phone number for text messages or voicemails, and an email address. I get back to you within 1 business day (24 hours), and often much faster!
Contact me to discuss service possibilities inside of your loved one's nursing home, which can be a delicate situation. If your loved one is ready to be discharged to home from a nursing facility, definitiely drop me a line for help in this difficult transition!
I do recommend calling 911 for anyone actively experiencing chest pain, symptoms of stroke, shortness of breath, severe pain or bleeding, etc. However, I am able to answer general questions about these topics if you are not currently experiencing life-threatening symptoms.
There is no charge for the first 15 minutes of initial telephone contact, where I get your name and personal info and find out how I can help you. Telephone and telehealth visits have a fee of $35/hour (half hour increments) and in-home visits are $40/hour and up according to the needs/complexities of the individual. Urgent homecare visits to your home are $50 and up. These costs are discussed with you beforehand so you are fully informed. (All prices subject to change.)
I accept PayPal, check, cash, and credit card.
AtHome Helpful RN is not a prescribing authority, and cannot write or change prescriptions. I also do recommend calling 911 for life-threatening situations, as I cannot properly treat broken bones, stroke, severe bleeding, or severe shortness of breath or chest pain in the home. AtHome Helpful RN does not provide services inside hospitals. AtHome Helpful RN can accompany a driver and a client to a doctor's appointment, but cannot provide client transportation to/from places.
AtHome Helpful RN follows the latest CDC guidelines for infection control. I follow strict handwashing protocols and wear protective masks to visits. I wear gloves and PPE when appropriate. I do ask that you please let me know if you or your loved one is currently ill with fever, cough, or has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
(1) I have occasional free giveaways-- please sign up on my "BLOG" page! The giveaways involve high quality and USEFUL items related to your health, such as my past (September 2020) giveaway of a Santa Medical Pulse Oximeter!
(2) I am very excited about my exclusive, in-home fall reduction program for Seniors! Named "Move Safely", this program will be supervised exercise in the comfort of your home. Simple equipment is brought to YOU and I help you use it. Then, I teach you more exercises to do on your own time with NO EQUIPMENT NEEDED!
(3) New, informative topics are continuously added to my caregiver blog- check back on this website frequently.
(4) If you have input regarding an article or blog post, send me your comments. Add your opinion, ask a question, or make a comment! Go to the "Contact Me" page and choose a method to send your input.
(5) Now, when you "Subscribe", you join my email list for announcements of new content, giveaways, or special events. The email will only be approximately once a month; I do not sell your email address, and I never send you "spam." Unsubscribe anytime.
Because falls at home by older adults have many possible root causes, it is only possible to REDUCE the risk of falling, it is not possible to entirely eliminate or prevent all falls. AtHome Helpful RN's Fall Reduction Program will assist seniors with balance and strength, thus reducing their risk of a devastating fall. The success of the exercise program depends on the length of time and quality of effort put into the program, with the usual result being improved balance and safety noted by clients within just a few weeks!
Coming soon, I hope to add the capability to perform Telehealth/video chat visits for my clients. I plan to provide instructional caregiving videos in the future. Keep posted, and check back on the website frequently! Subscribe to join my email list for announcements of new content or special events, such as my periodic giveaways of quality medical-related products.